Florida Traffic DUI Lawyers
Arrested for a Florida Traffic DUI? In Florida, if you have been arrested for DUI and your breath test result was .08 or higher, or if you refused to take the breath test, the officer probably took your driver’s license from you.
You have only 10 days from the date of arrest to request a formal review hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles to contest your immediate license suspension and attempt to get your license back. If you fail to request the hearing with the 10-day period, your license will be suspended for either 6 months, 1 year, or 18 months depending on the circumstances. A new law allows for first offenders to get a hardship license for the entire period of their administrative suspension if they waive the formal review hearing. This decision must be made with in 10 days, and, you should discuss whether this is best in your case with your DUI attorney. Call us.
It is important to contact an attorney within that 10-day period to discuss what applies to your case. We can apply for the Formal Review Hearing in your behalf and obtain a hearing date. Also, in most cases we can obtain for you a temporary permit to drive until after the hearing. You have only 10 days to drive after you are arrested using your citation as a driving permit unless you request this hearing.
We also handle most criminal traffic charges such as Driving on a suspended license, misdemeanor and felony charges, Leaving the scene of an accident, and fleeing with the intent to elude. Call us for a consultation.
* FREE DUI Consultation with Larry Sandefer – Please feel free to contact us with a description of your needs, all initial consultations are free.
* Evaluation of Your DUI Case – The first thing to look at in a Florida DUI case is the stop. A law enforcement officer must have a stated legal ground to stop your vehicle.
* Other Types of DUI Accusations – Many DUI cases involve the accusation of impairment due to drug ingestion. Not only are we experienced in this area, we have access to experts including renowned chemists to review your case and offer testimony if necessary.
* Felony DUI & DUI with Serious Injuries – A DUI can become a felony if it is the third DUI conviction and the previous conviction is within 10 years. A fourth DUI conviction is also classified as a felony.
* DUI Manslaughter – A DUI MANSLAUGHTER occurs when there is a death of a human being caused or contributed to by a person who is driving under the influence to the extent his or her normal faculties are impaired.
* Possible Penalties for DUI – Penalties for DUI can increase if a person has any prior convictions for driving under the influence. The number of convictions, when they occurred, and even whether you were represented can have dramatic affects on your license and penalties.
* Florida DUI Developments – Larry Sandefer attends valuable programs locally and nationally such as “Masters of DUI”, “Blood, Breath and Tears”, as well as the National DUI Conference put on by the National College of DUI Defense
* FREE DUI Case Evaluation – Contact us today for a Free Florida DUI Case Evaluation.
Sandefer Law Firm – Main Office
4625 East Bay Drive Suite 203
Clearwater, FL 33764
Tampa Bay: 813-386-3300
Toll Free: 866-786-5297
St. Petersburg – Satellite Office
8801 9TH St N
St Petersburg, FL 33702
Contact Florida DUI Traffic Lawyers